Sunday, March 28

Update

Ok, so...it's been a while. And I have used far to many excused about staying away. I think I am still recouping from the holidays. Ok...not a good excuse. The pressure of updating daily? Hmm...maybe. I think we will shoot for once a week. So every Sunday morning, my friends should be able to get an update on my family.

Also, I think I have be come too accustom to the RAOC in my life. And that's just not right! There has been so many things going on these past few months, it is hard to know where to start. But I will start with Sam.

I am being just absolutely blown away with Sam's progress on his verbal skills. A quick recap: We didn't know for sure if Sam was going to have any vocabulary (check that...WE knew, some doctors didn't). When he finally did begin to say a few words, it seemed that he was not progressing.

Example: Sam would say "I want Book.", when he wanted a book, when he wanted a drink, when he wanted to play, when he wanted to eat." Etc.

But in the last few weeks, Sam has started making the connection: "I want drink".

OK, OK, we're not talking Shakespeare here. But bottom line, He is TALKING !!!

And then there is Myles, who had a tough go at school last fall. He has since switched classes, and has a somewhat slower pace. And what a difference it has made. Teacher says he has great hand-writing, and uses the scissors exceptionally well. Myles is beginning to say some spontaneous questions like "Play with me" and "I would like a blanket".

Yes, there is still much prompting. But the other day I caught myself outside with Myles having a CONVERSATION. I think we were talking about our favorite foods.

So here's the deali-o: My boys have exceptional talents and exceptional challenges. But everyday they are showing us random acts of cool.

Don't over look the things your children do. What may seem ordinary to you, is extraordinary to my family.

More next week !!

3 comments:

clay danner said...

posting again...i understand that boy better than shakespeare! way to go boys! love y'all!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
clay danner said...

posting again...i understand that boy better than shakespeare! way to go boys! love y'all!