Friday, June 4

I'm feeling Happy !!

So this Random Act actually started about a year ago. It's about Myles and his feelings.

Like all toddlers, Myles had trouble expressing his feelings. Not really sure what "Happy" or "Sad" was all about, Myles was often confused about how he felt in certain situations.



The Joyfulness taught Myles to say "I'm feeling Happy", or "I'm feeling frustrated" and that went a long way in helping him identify his emotions.

Every day for the last year (at least) I have arrived at the house to hear Myles say "Dada's home!!" And we start our ritual:

"Hi, Myles. How are you feeling?" I say.

He smiles his big toothy grin and says "I'm feeling HAPPY !!"

And I say "I'm happy too, buddy!"

Every time I have come home, for the last year (at least).

Every time.


Except this last time.

As usual, I come home, walk in the door, and Myles comes running in, all smiles. And I guess I was preoccupied or something and I didn't immediately start into my spiel.

Myles says, "Hi Dad!"
"How are you feeling?"

(Long pause from the Dada with the lump in his throat).
"I'm feeling Happy, Myles."

Myles says, "I'm happy too!"

Yeah, Myles....you're my right-hand man. (RAOC)



2 comments:

GoforLee said...

I was a witness to this! Beautiful!

joyfullness said...

Okay this is really me..I was a witness!! Love all my boys!!